Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

    Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is a parody of a book from 1813 called, "Pride and Prejudice". People are all about the zombie hype... oh and they're ninjas in the book too. The book starts out kind of confusing because of so many characters are introduced. The book was ok but I never really fell into the whole zombie craze. Like I said in the post of answering the question.... I feel that all those zombies movies that were made have been playing out the zombie fad too much. Sure it was good the first time but now it seems redundant to me. The same thing happens in those movies... people are stranded , they have no connection to the outside world and they have to either sit in a room to stay safe or fight their way out. 
   Now I know this is a book ... not a movie.. also that it's just a spoof  but I didn't feel this book was right for me. These girls were trained with karate and muskets, which was cool on a way because usually it's a group of strong guys who think their tougher than the other... which is makes no good conflict at all. 
   Pretty much Elizabeth Bennet and her four sisters are trained to fight zombies by their father. Also hoping they marry wealthy men. They run into zombies... fight them... and near the end Darcy.. a man Elizabeth likes, they end up fighting together and falling in love. 
   So it's a love story with zombies.. if you like stuff like this then I guess this is right up your alley. For me I need just a lot of explosions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment