Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Frankenstein

    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is a book that I found interesting. At first it was confusing because you have a narrator narrating from letters that was narrated by Dr. Frankenstein. Anyway when I got that figured out. I really enjoyed how the story was played out. Dr. Frankenstein was playing God trying to create life in a unnatural way... Rule of thumb, never mess with mother nature. Dr. Frankenstein to me seemed sane for awhile but then looses it when he created his creature. After realizing that he has done more damage than good, he has to find the creature and kill it. 
    Though I felt bad for the creature. This thing was forced to have life coursing through his body... which none of it was his... taking pieces from other people to make this abomination. If I was the creature I would just want to rest in peace. For no one understands why I am and afraid for what I am. The creature was trying to learn again by watching how a family corresponds in the world. He was trying to learn from right from wrong but he had too much hate in him for what his master did to him. 
     The way the novel ended I felt it was the best was to go. Having the creature finding his master dead... knowing he can't get his revenge.. though realizing... he was his master... he gave him life. So the creature died with him. No matter what happens, good or bad.. it all must come to an end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment