Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Hobbit

    I enjoyed The Hobbit. A book of adventure always catches my eye. Being able to actually go on adventures like is always a dream like mine. Being responsible, overcoming obstacles,  fighting for your life and others. I always found that I would love to have a life like that. 
     I enjoyed the characters and rife they took you on. I like Bilbo for he reminds me of myself.   The guy no one really sees as the hero so he proves himself by taking up the quest that Gandalf gives him. I love the locations they visit from a warm peaceful place through dangerous areas like caves and mountains. 
    Seeing Bilbo overcoming obstacles from using his wits and even his size to his advantage shows true bravery. For example when he out smarts Gollum in the caves. Bilbo had to answer riddles in order to escape plus he was able to use the ring to lose Gollum.  Then Bilbo saved the dwarves from Giant spiders. A character that I would love to be or even meet if he was real.
     Gandalf was another favorite character of mind just because I always enjoyed the old wise wizards who helped assist you in your obstacles... plus he had magic which is really cool. In the fantasy books I always find the wizard as a guidance character. A person who helps keep the story flowing into the right direction. By Making sure the main character overcomes the obstacles and make sure he makes the right choice. In the beginning, it was Gandalf who tricked Bilbo into making this quest with the dwarves. Though it sounds mean but Gandalf had good intension to do such.  
     I will say this... I wish life was really this exciting.... instead of paying your taxes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment